Tuesday, February 10, 2009

July 2003

July 31, 2003
Bush's reasons for war
I have to check this out later today, its some interesting stuff.
Posted by Liz at 12:23 PM Feedback (0)
July 27, 2003

Rice To Riches
The lastest in pretention is here! A $5.00 bowl of rice pudding. Anne took me to this place last weekend. She wanted me to see it. Now, I'm not a big rice pudding fan as it is, but she swore they had great flavors. I thought it looked rather gross through the window. I mean some of it was green and yellow and brown and it was all lumpy. You know, like rice pudding.
I tasted it and decided, if I were going to eat a dessert, I would rather it be ice cream. The atmosphere is a high tech Japanese flavor, which normally, I would be into that, but this was just a lot of hype for of all things..rice pudding? Now I have to admit, the place was packed. It was Saturday night and folks were in line and eating at the Jetson like tables (you have to stand at them which turns me off right away). The thing that did* impress me was the cool little bowls they serve the pudding in. They come with a weird spoon and napkin in plastic and a lid. It was very high tech -man on the moon, Tang, kinda stuff. That was cool! Anne bought into it, as apparently many people do, but I couldn't. Yea, there making money, but I'm just a Baskin and Robbins girl at heart.
Posted by Liz at 09:57 PM Feedback (4)
July 26, 2003

GameGirlAdvance Zine
Friends Justin and Jane have launched this months issue of GGA's Zine! I'm thrilled to be a part of it and as always, I appreciate the inspiration and encouragement Justin and Jane have always given me. There site is awesome and smart and colorful so check it out!
Posted by Liz at 02:08 AM Feedback (0)

Melissa on Kobe
I couldn't agree more with Melissa. We were having this discussion at work today. Whats up with Mrs. Bryant and the $4million dolla rock? Whats up with the hand holding in public as your husband announces he cheats on you? (Could this have been his first time? HA!) Whats up with some woman in general these days, taking all kinds of shorts just to have a member of the male species in their proximity? Ok, I could go on and on, as many of you know, but I will spare you the ranting and raving. Its not pretty.
Posted by Liz at 01:58 AM Feedback (8)

Its all about the Paper Dolls
Catholic school girls unite! (Of which I am one.)
Its fun playing with UK fashions.
Posted by Liz at 12:07 AM Feedback (0)
July 24, 2003

London vs. New York Street Fashion
I have to say I love the British designers. I always have. Viv Westwood, Alex McQueen are gods! I found the street fashion much more inspiring in London than in Paris. Street fashion in NYC is good, but the thing I picked up on was the way British woman express themselves fashion wise. In New York it seems that there is one mold and we are supposed to do our goddamned best to fit into it. However, in London, I didn't see that at work in the least. For example. I saw "older" woman 40's-50's with green hair. Now no fashion conscience woman in NYC would be caught with such a "young" look. British woman seem to scoff at the rules, and carry along quite well. I really respect that. They not only break the mold, they dont allow a new one to be created. BRAVO!
British fashion makes a statement........
This how I feel before I go out the door in NYC......
"UGH! What is all the pressure about??"
Posted by Liz at 10:17 PM Feedback (4)

London Pics
Click on the pictures and see a bit of London.This is Warwick Castle, thankyou Paul for a great day.View image
This was our neighborhood. I want a house here in South Kensington!View image
What a view from high a top Warwick castle. Paul drove us out there!View imageThe Pub we hung out at in the area..View image
My friend Jim came to visit and we went to lunch.View image
Tony Blairs job. House of Parliment, not to be confused with P-funk and George Clinton!View image
Big Ben was cool!View image
Posted by Liz at 09:50 PM Feedback (0)
July 17, 2003

The Believer
I just rented this and it is a powerful film. Check it out. Its smart and disturbing. Ryan Gosling is amazing as a Jewish neo-nazi who is living a double life. Summer Phoenix is glorious as his brilliant girlfriend. Its based on a true story.
Posted by Liz at 09:44 PM Feedback (1)

Finding Time
Anne made a recent trip to South Beach after we returned from London. I plan on posting the London pics after I get them developed. In the meantime, here are some SOBE pics taken at our fav hotel The Savoy. Can't you see why we loved it there and plan to go back.
View imageAnne goes back to SOBE.
View imageAnne in the lobby at The Savoy
A room at The Savoy
The pool side at The Savoy
Posted by Liz at 08:44 PM Feedback (0)

I Feel Purty!
Anne went to our Mecca in South Beach recently, Sephora. Bless her heart, she picked me up a little ditty that we have both been eyeing for quite some time.
That right! Kitten body glitter. hehe What fun we shall have with a sparkle in our eye and a glitz on our skin.
Posted by Liz at 07:41 PM Feedback (0)

Marianne Williamson in London
This woman came along at a time when I needed to hear what she was saying the most. Isn't that always the way, when the student is ready the teacher appears. I first saw her on Oprah years ago. Oprah was singing the praises of Marianne's new book A Return To Love.
Click here for Marianne's latest website.
Anne and I recently went to hear Marianne at a seminar in London. Two days fo hearing Marianne speak on the principals from A Course In Miracles. Two days of this person challenging us to have a different preception of ourselves, the world and God. I had a chance to talk to Marianne and express my concerns regarding my life and my future. She shared her take on things and I felt hopeful. I feel hopeful anyway. I just need some direction. In reading blogs that I do, apparently and thankfully, I'm not the only one. Thats not a judgement. Its just that it helps me to know other struggle at times but continue to push forward achieving thier goals.
Posted by Liz at 07:30 PM Feedback (0)

I Love These Drinks All Year Round!
View many of my favorite cocktails here. Yum, they're a delicious treat anytime! Well, OK maybe not first thing in the morning. hehe
Posted by Liz at 07:06 PM Feedback (0)

No comments:

Post a Comment