Tuesday, February 10, 2009

May 2003

May 28, 2003

Those lips are so J LO!
OK, I know this may be a bit shallow but what can I say I'm shallow at times. Anne and I have been on a quest to replicate the sexy lips of Jennifer Lopez. Heres the problem, neither one of us has bronze skin, were two pales faces. Our wonderful friend and makeup artist, Craig at Henry Bendels, showed me how to make the full sexy neutral lip. (Love ya Craig) Here is one product from Molton Brown (London) that seem to work well. The color is called desirable. I know its pricey, but when the sales girl at Bergdorfs said, "those lips are so J LO." I was sold. I know I'm a sucker!
Posted by Liz at 09:42 PM Feedback (2)

cheap phone rates
I was reading Joi Ito's blogand he mentions that he has a new long distance service. I'm always on the look out for this kind of thing, due to the over seas calls I make to friends. (Thank goodness Anne isn't living in Paris anymore, they were some phone bills!) Cheap phone rates have become a mission in my life. I cut caller ID from my home phone because that was becoming a huge waste of time, checking all the blocked calls. Sure the phone company will force* people to show there number, for a nominal fee of course. Now I work towards getting as many free cell phone minutes as possible.
Posted by Liz at 09:03 PM Feedback (2)
May 27, 2003

Tips for dressing your man
Here is a the summer look men! Lose the golf shirts guys, I beg of you.
Nice looking sandals are a must for, the fun in the sun, gentleman.Being in South Beach made me aware of what is sexy on a man and what is not. Loose fitting, casual clothing with textured fabrics are HOT*. Khakis and golf shirts are not. I think Anne will back me up on this one. wink, wink*
Posted by Liz at 01:04 AM Feedback (3)
May 11, 2003

beach coverup
Anne and I are heading to South Beach next week for a little R&R. I figured I had better get a new bathing suit and coverup for the ocassion.Which lounge chair should I pick?
Yesterday I picked up a new swiumsuit and pareos. I cant stand to see woman on the beach in huge tee-shirts. I purchased a terry zip up cover a while back, and truthfully, I cant seem to find it. It was rather frumpy, I dont know why I bought it. I just want to be comfortable strolling around poolside to Hotel . I feel comfortable with this attire. Thanks TJ Maxx!
Posted by Liz at 01:48 PM Feedback (3)

Cell phone Tones
I have a verizon cellphone and right now I have Californis Dreamin as my ring tone. I tried to look into downloading other tones, but I cant find any for Verizon. Apparently I can only use the ModTones or Get It Now. I really want Janes Addiction on there, but it isnt offered.
Posted by Liz at 01:26 PM Feedback (0)
May 07, 2003

Happy Birthday To Ya!
May 8th is Anne's big day. Guess I should give her some props, right?
Anne is one of the most generous people I know. Oh sure, its easy to be generous when you have no resources, then you can just give lip service and say what you *would* do if you could. Anne isn't like that. She shares what she has and she gives of herself and her talents. Sure she is smart and caring, but she also has a passion for living that’s contagious. I wouldn't have done most of the traveling I've done and am about to embark on, if it weren't for her. She encourages me and even sticks her neck out. Anne doesn't miss a trick either! If you think something just got past her, it didn't. Anne pushed me into starting this blog. She said she would be in it with me and that was the safety net I needed. Not only does she have terrific fashion sense, she gave me a license plate with a confederate flag (*gag*) on it. We laughed together hysterically and that’s what makes friendship with Anne so grand, laughing at ourselves and with each other. Happy Birthday hose bag, I hope you have many more.
Posted by Liz at 10:06 PM Feedback (0)
May 05, 2003

Still Working
I'm still working on this blog in between other things.
I have accounting finals coming up this week and next week. After that Anne and I are headed to South Beach for a little R&R. Anne has been busy running her Dad to medical appointments. Yesterday I was back in NYC with my Mom and Jeanna to see Hairspray on Broadway. It was so great. Two hours for pure joy. Check it out if you get a chance!http://www.hairsprayonbroadway.com
Posted by Liz at 06:41 AM Feedback (0)

No comments:

Post a Comment